Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Got the Fright of my Life Today

A metorite decided to fly over our town causing a very loud sonic boom that rattled everyone's windows and had people running outside to find out what it was.

Here's a snippet of an email that I sent to friends about half an hour afterwards.
"It was sooo loud. I honestly thought a plane had exploded overhead and pieces had landed on the roof. I would swear there was something big rolling down my roof. I grabbed Beth and ran outside. Looked up but couldn't see anything in the sky. People were running down the streets!!!"

As one radio annoucer said, a lot of people probably had to change their underwear after. lol.

I had planned on doing some crafty stuff when the kids came home from school, a bit of redwork and start work on a couple of ideas I've got for the church craft group, but I was too nervy and jumpy so I ended up needing to eat some chocolate. Even six hours after I still feel yucky. Shock I guess.

No comments: