Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I didn't die of shock...


After the meteorite in August that is. The long break from blogging was due to a couple of events happening at the same time which kept me quite busy and stressed. The first event was Alex beginning his nose surgeries to remove an AVM. (Arterial Venous Malformation). He has had four operations so far making his face look quite different as there is a skin graft sitting right beside his nose, but he is doing very well and hasn't been in any pain at all. There's two more operations to go through in the next month or so, and possibly another one when he hits his mid teens.

The second event was packing up all our belongings and moving into a four bedroom house. I still have boxes to unpack in every room but I couldn't wait to start on building a craft area in my bedroom. I wanted to get stuck into some cardmaking but today I was hunting high and low for my 12" cutter with no success. I *think* I know where it might be now, will look again for it tomorrow. So instead of making cards like I wanted, I got stuck into making some minis.

I saw some bags in an old Dolls House and Miniature Scene mag that had a rectangular shape to them that I thought would be easy enough to do. However mine's come out with more of a shape to it which I quite like. The fabric dimensions were 3" by 1.75". The short sides were hemmed with glue, then I put glue down the long sides and folded the fabric in half. The top of the bag was folded and glued at the top once more, and when the glue had dried I turned the bag inside out and stuck the ribbon handles (2.5") on the inside. Very easy to do.

While the glue on the bag was drying I got out my cross stitch threads to make the mini threads. Simply folded with a tiny bit of paper wrapped around them. I've seen them done with the DMC label shrunk and stuck on but I quite like this plain look.

I just realised that like my full sized house, my dolls house is getting the craft area done first! A girl has got to have priorities right? LOL

No comments: