Sunday, September 03, 2006

Yay for Spring

The warmer weather looks like it's going to stay around now. The cherry blossom trees are all flowering and my one little daffodil at home is blooming away.

I'm continuing to work outside on the front garden pulling out those nasty bulbs. I took some photos of them to show you but I need to update my computer with the software for this new camera. I sprayed roundup on one side of the front door and hope to finish digging and spraying the other side in a day or two. Whilst doing that I did the lawn edges and dug a little bit around the back too. I do little gardening bursts, ala flylady's 15 minutes rule. Works for gardening as well as housecleaning.

The kiddo's made their Dad some Father's Day cards with some of my scrapbook stuff and felt pens. It was some of my older paper that I can't see myself using ever again so I'm letting them loose at it. Helps to declutter a little too.

When I wasn't gardening in 15 minute bursts I would lie down on the couch (not being completely lazy, my ankle has been giving me a bit of grief after tripping over last week so I'm trying to rest it without feeling guilty) and read old Home and Garden mags for ideas. I'm so tempted to paint our kitchen cupboards blue as they are currently a grungy dusty pink that is scratched badly. I'm thinking a light blue; between say wedgewood blue and a steel grey blue. Hopefully Housing Corp will come through for us soon with a four bedroom house with a better painted kitchen so these feelings of temptation will go away. lol.