Monday, September 11, 2006

My Little Angel



And I'm not talking about any of my kids either. I made this little cutie at the beading class today. Sorry for the terrible picture, I took about twenty photos with different settings, shifted in the angel to various places to find the best lighting etc. May have to practise further with this one, maybe taking it on fireworks setting next time. It's very sparkly to look at which doesn't help.

Gosh, talk about fiddly work! There were six of us learning to make these with two tutors. We started off by putting the 'skirt' on first after picking out the colours we wanted. We had those little beads come flying off those safety pins everywhere! The top half used even smaller beads and a lot of pulling on the wire to tighten everything and winding the wire around to form the shape. Took us just over an hour to make them.

We all chose to use different colours and different size beads so all the angels looked unique. I stuck with pinks and purples for my pink decorated xmas tree. It looks so darn pretty and girly that I'm contemplating hanging it up on my car mirror till Christmas.

Another cool thing I found out was that the tutors of this class take a craft group on Wednesday afternoons that I'll be able to go to. I also signed up for another bead class at the library in a fortnight's time, to make beaded bookmarks.

I haven't forgotten about my furniture photos. Blogger is still going very slow for me so will try again tomorrow.

No comments: