Monday, September 04, 2006

Pottering around


This is the Christmas redwork piece that I've been working on for far too long. I'm in no rush to complete it though as I find it so soothing to stitch; no thinking involved, all one colour and just follow the outline. Easy peasy. This pattern is from an old Australian Handcraft mag that I got out from the library nearly two years ago.




Here's a pic of those nasty bulb things I was talking about yesterday. There are bulbs all the way along that strip of dirt, and it's next to impossible to dig them all out. So the plan is to dig as much as I can out, spray, throw weedmat over it and lay a bunch of stones on top. I was going to plant some natives in a pot but may go with cottage type plants in a pot instead. Just about finished all the digging today. Little by little it's getting done.

As you can probably tell I've figured out the camera problem. It only took a minute to find the solution. The bookcases took a little longer, a couple of hours. Two shopping bags were taken to the Sallie shop and I found four missing school books, but still no library books. Into the bedrooms tomorrow I guess.

No comments: