Saturday, February 16, 2008

A perfect wintery summer's day


We are on our fourth day of not just raining, but pouring down weather. And it makes me happy.
Happy, because our drought ridden country really needs this weather.
Happy, because of the smell of cheese scones in the oven, the perfect wet weather lunch straight out of the Edmond's Cookbook. A double batch even. Dripping with butter.
Happy, because it's the perfect weather to snuggle up on the couch and catch up on some reading. I have so many good books out of the library and only a month to read them. The only book that I'm choosing to slowly read at night, under the covers, and savouring each chapter is The Thirteenth Tale by Diana Settlefield. I'll do a review on this delightful book when I eventually push myself to read the last chapter. Another favourite at the moment is Choosing Eden, a non-fiction book about an Australian couple who decide because of the Peak Oil situation to leave their home in the city and set up a self-substaining farm in the country.
Happy, because it's also the perfect weather to do some more of my cross-stitching. The photo above shows the small portion of Dimensions Sew Cosy Kit that I've completed since the start of the year.
And finally, happy because I don't have to go out today! It's Saturday, the kiddo's are home playing with lego's and playstation games, and all is right in our little corner of the world.

1 comment:

SarahJ said...

This is a beautiful blog, what a gorgeous cross stitch and I look forward to updates on your doll house. I got so excited about your labels - so many of my interests too.
All the best,
SarahJ