Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Crafty Easter Weekend

This cross-stitched picture only took me four years to stitch, and then spent another four years sitting in a bag. Yesterday I went to the Warehouse (a big sell-everything store kinda like Walmart in the US) and picked up a $26 frame and spent an hour framing the picture myself. The hardest thing was making sure that each side had the same amount of white space as the other side. I'm really thrilled with how it looks on the wall. The silly thing though, is that this picture would not have worked in the lounge of my old house as it had wood panelling, but it looks stunning in our present home!

Here's a closer look at it. My oldest son described it as being very 'Anne of Green Gables-ish' which is pretty cool since LM Montgomery is a favourite author of mine. It's called Good Neighbours and was designed by Paula Vaughan.

On Saturday I did my first scrapbook layout in nearly a year. It kinda shows too so I won't post it here. lol. Now that I've done the one I feel like doing more but at the same time I feel totally inadequate with coming up with my own designs. Much easier with knitting and cross-stitch where you simply follow a pattern! I'll have to do some scrap-lifting I think. Maybe a mini album, something small and following a scheme. Maybe next weekend. 8:)



1 comment:

trendy georgia said...

good job! I crossstitched for years and years and loved it, so my house is full of framed x stitchings!! Not one of them did I frame by myself tho! Now i just quilt obsessively...